Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Warming up

Is there inspiration under my nail?
In between this tooth?
Crawling around with the gnat at the bottom of my salad bowl?
I have yet to find a swirling word, lingering with the hops in my beer. I have yet to see a letter mingling with the clouds, although I did see some while tripping on LSD. It was a mysterious stew of alphabet soup floating overhead and tripping me on....
I do find inspiration in this most spectacular thing. This unrest that makes me toss and turn in the night. This bumbling human, wearing pants I am, has found a sentence pouring from the tips and spelling out phrases and searching the dictionary for more, more, more! It is in you I find an emotion, or two, to speak and lyricise-an exercise of my wit and foil, and kneed entries of endless bliss- I hope to find with un-gloved hand. It is you that has sharpened the led. Tonight I will give myself a good talking to....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful.