Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today's Urban Grind


"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. 
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
The winds will blow their own freshness into you... 
while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." -John Muir







Today I was up by 7:30. Stayed horizontal for another 30, 
avoiding the cold. 
I looked outside suprised by the blanket of white. 
I made towards the kitchen and then started coffee input. I turned on the computer and checked my email. Plans were still on...I connected with pal and looked out at another snowy day in Portland. 

I put my boots and thermals on while I watched a bit more of the Wild Bunch.

The plan was to hike Forest Park. Trimet would not get me to the St. John's access, so we opted for the Upshur entrance. After a few bus transfers finally we reached downtown. We had a big breakfast for energy and made it to the trail head around 12:30. We stayed primarily on the Wildwood trail and trekked through mud and snow.

We emerged tired, hungry and accomplished. It was a beautiful day. The sun came out and melted the snow. The trees shed their heavy loads and I was born anew.  



No comments: