Sunday, March 30, 2008

A million years, a million tears, a few more beers.


I am trying to tame my monkey mind to go to sleep! Jazz is coming out my speakers. I love 89.1 KMHD. I am happy listening to the rolling sticks of Max Roach or Shorty Rogers. I can't express my gratitude enough for the amazing vocals I heard on the track "Lonesome Lover" set down by Abbey Washington. I tried to buy the cd at Everyday music this evening, could not find it, but purchased Ella sings the Johnny Mercer songbook, and Maria Callas. Listened to Callas all the way home from the theater and continue to orchestrate and conduct along even as I left the Wendy's Drive-thru. Bless that voice!! Oh sleep visit me because I know my hands don't want to rest, I know my body is twitchy and fending off Monday. I want late night text messages to light up my bedside table and distract my slumber and prolong the work week ahead. I really want to tell all those people to go fuckthemselvesandleavepoormealonetojustearnapaycheck, but alas, I smile pretty and get the best revenge by being cheerful and acting like the offspring of Teflon and Fonzie. Shit don't stick to this kind of cool. Goodnight folks. Please bring me some sunshine soon so I can sleep in the afternoons in the backyard grass and read poetry. Oh please oh please oh please.

No comments: