Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Type

My ideal
is covered in angles
bones that stretch out
   and force the flesh to hide them.
 My love
  a few scars
   especially on the myocardium.

At night
I can hear her breathe
                                                                                                                                
I can feel her warmth

I can taste the significance of all she is on my tongue.

Her personality
The complexity of a forgotten forest at the end of someone’s unfinished novel
Still stuck in the teeth of a typewriter
Stored in a dead relative's basement.

Her wit like Englishmen in a pub
Her sex like sailors ashore after lost for decades sending S-O-S, S-O-S, hoping that the sea would take them, and carry their voices home.
Her beauty like a painting you missed the first time at the museum
  It stops you on the way out
    As you fumble with your ticket stub and keys
      And finally see the work hanging on the wall
        Ready to explode off the canvas
          Ready to take you
            Ready to make paint chips of your being

              Ready to weave you into the very thing you desire.




No comments: