Friday, August 23, 2013

Today's muck

I. Faith


Feeling it burn
Opening up
It flickers
It dances
It moves when I breathe.
It comes close to burning my skin,
but I pull away before the lick.
The anticipation is enough to elevate my heart rate.
My pupils dilate.
My mouth is ready.

II. Gutter

I like the curve of it
How it nestles
Fits neatly in my hand
Responds well to my touch
I push
It pushes back.
Harder
Harder.

III. For the next one

I want to make out with the least available person on the planet.
I want to be ignored by her friends and sit annoyingly by at a party.

I want to wrestle with her demons and lose.
I want to wear the badges and bruises of defeat.

I want to hear her confess her sins in her sleep.
I want to wake up and question the lines of her face and her journal.

I want to watch her from a distance as she flirts with other mates.
I want to drunkenly argue about how much I care and how much she doesn’t.

I want to despise her family and avoid trips to see them with every excuse in the book.

I want to confess my sins in the night.
I want to ignore her.
I want to write lines.
I want the right lines.

IV.

Love

I want to drown by the power of a damn bursting open
Replenishing the valley it left dry.




No comments: