Sunday, May 4, 2008

About the nature of women


I was trying to think of something terribly witty to say about the nature of women. But I don't have the words. Mostly I utter the word "crazy". So I searched for inspiration. Here are a few quotes that did it for me. They are all good, but the last one makes me smile.


"The reason novelists nearly always fail in depicting women when they make them act, is that they let them do what they have observed some woman has done at some time or another. And that is where they make a mistake; for a woman will never do again what has been done before." - Mark Twain

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -Oscar Wilde

Give a woman an inch and she thinks she's a ruler -Unknown

"A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sermon." ~Arnold Haultain

....The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy. ~Ellery Queen

"Next to the wound, what women make best is the bandage." ~Jules Barbey d'Aurevilly

"A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is a man who hopes they are." ~Chauncey Mitchell Depew

"The rarest thing in the world is a woman who is pleased with photographs of herself." ~Elizabeth Metcalf

"There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women." ~Madeleine K. Albright

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~Oscar Wilde

"There's something luxurious about having a girl light your cigarette. In fact, I got married once on account of that". ~Harold Robbins

"Women keep a special corner of their hearts for sins they have never committed." ~Cornelia Otis Skinner

2 comments:

Dale said...

:->

freshlychopped said...

My husband asked me why I was sitting giggling at the computer and it's because of the quotes! I especially like the Oscar Wilde ones. I will post more pictures on my blog, promise. Thanks for the nice comment!