Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Carpe Diem!!!


Ok.... So I went to Trade Up music on Alberta to fiddle around after my appointment 'cus I needed to feel good. Anyways, played with the electrics (not really), went upstairs to the acoustics, sat and plucked. Plugged in one, that was fun. Looked over the cases. Caressed a couple accordions. Sat with this 159 dollar used Olympia, pretty acoustic/electric. Gray haired dude, with Hawaiian flowered BB King, shirt enters my space...I say, "hey what do you think of this one." He turns and says "I don't know let me hear it." So I strum some stuff, he says, its ok. Let me see. The necks a little outta whack," he checks the action, plays really good, says, "let's try another." So we picked up something worth twice as much (his idea) as the black, Olympia with built in tuner, and mismatched pickguard (selling point for me) but we found an Epiphone, passive electric/acoustic, beautiful good price, $179. Great tone. I like the action, the cutaway. It was sweet. He left after some encouraging words of wisdom. His name was, Bruce. Said he knew someone with my name. "...And to take care, and wished everyday could be as good as this one." Anyways...The beautiful part was Bruce said it was important that I invested wisely, but also, fell in love with the guitar I chose. So I came home to look at the two I already have, and, I don't love them, not in that way. I love the first one. My first I bought at the pawn shop in Fresburg with my buddy June (and she doesn't speak to me ever since I walked out on that job.). It's broken now, put away with strings too tight broke the neck.... And the other, well Jake gave me for Christmas our first year living together, so it's real special, but I don't feel bad trading in the one he gave me, 'cus knowing Jake, he'll be happy if I'm happy, and playing the guitar (besides Jake is in Costa Rica zipping through the jungles like a monkey). So...yeah, Thanks Jake! I mean really, I cheated on the guitars I have by going to the music store...I fell in love with that Epiphone. I'm going to go get it and bring it home and make it mine. -R

2 comments:

Dale said...

Brava!

Anonymous said...

that made me smile.