Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Downtime

In my downtime I make sentences. Sometimes more. Sometimes I throw out scraps of paper that were intended for more.
In my downtime I taste. I notice the detail of my nectarine.
I watch the afternoon glow dance across my floor.
I hear the birds, inside and outside my house.
I walk the stairs with care.
I remember the trash, and the bag.
I wipe off the sink.
I set things purposefully. Piles divided by their importance in my life.
I drink more water.
I fix my hair. Consider cutting it.
I stare at bumps on my face in the mirror.
I trickle. I lolligag, mumble, sing and talk to myself.
I answer messages. I read junk.
I look in my vegetable drawer.
I remember a chord. And I forget it again.
In my downtime, I do a lot of things....
Then I go back to the world of up again.

No comments: