Saturday, July 5, 2008

Maximum Occupancy

Today was rich. Woke up early to sounds in the kitchen. My fullness ensued. I drank coffee, ate crepes and swam in the pool. Late risers joined and watched as the sun made made flesh red. I sit now and ponder the quiet. To my right, a drink. A representative of the days length and things I will look forward to. Should I say all?
I only wonder, as I peer into the lives of her, how many occupants? How long?
I'm holding onto a moon beam.
I wonder if the season will end with more of just me?
Alone. Left to sit thinking in black and white, with a pen and journal as my only guide, and another story to tell about what was.
Family. Love. Tenderness. Away time. Home. Misses. Kisses.
My daily dose of needed prose. Heart with wings returns tomorrow to the land of roses.
Embrace me. Your traveled soul.

1 comment:

Dale said...

:-> Sounds lovely.