Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Temple of fallen women

I took woman studies two terms ago and wrote a ranting poem. I felt like posting old stuff I have written and wanted to share. Here's part of the piece:

Pink Dress Blue Shirt

I woke up with a war in my pants 
Leslie Feinberg wanna dance?

I am torn down from both sides 
only succeed in building
a wall for my lover 
climb the ladder
of
Success should not be based on lackluster testicles
it should be based on smarts from the start

I won't succeed with a partner dragging his feet
Why should I settle to live life on my knees?

Businesses can be made with suits -ties that get by
And we wonder why
I stand accused
Bare my breasts for plastic beads
Bare my knuckles and feed
Expose my anger and fight
Female form blessed 
strength strife


No comments: