Saturday, March 28, 2009

Waiting



So this morning I open my inbox and I have received an email from a very good friend about Obama's plan to nationalize farming, control every aspect of agriculture and outlaw organic farming. So for the past hour I have been sitting here, reading through some of my most trusted news sources to have a response or explanation for why I think this is an absurd story and completely untrue. In the headlines and the commentaries I get lost with "Barry" bashing. Where are the answers? I've tried to be educated about the new administration and "his radical ideas" but I can't say I have a good grasp on what the future holds. I am a student, waiting for the word on what I will get for school this year. I am waiting for my math book to come in the mail. I'm waiting to see if I will get a raise any time this year. I'm waiting to see if I will have a career to build a future on and buy a house and grow old and wait. 
How can I answer the question my friend sends? She sends it to me because I've been the voice, the only voice of hope at times? We work to together and share our pains together. How can I, an individual react to the idea of this injustice being inflicted onto our environment and compromising our national/natural freedoms? How can I forget where my values and virtues lie? I will be brave in times of trouble. I will choose the middle path, as Buddha did. That is my only answer for now. Hopefully Barack will do the same.

Walk each path as if it is your first, your last, your all. Eat slowly and taste the bounty you intake. Breath slowly and mindfully for it is a gift to live. That is my answer and my blessing to you my friend. Namo Amitofu.  -R


No comments: